What was once a 24-inch waist has now merged with your hips. We understand the pain and denial behind the weight gain, but you still have the chance to regain all that sexy back. Apart from a healthy diet, you need to include physical activity as part of your weight loss strategy.
Here are exercise routines that can help you lose up to 8 inches around your waist in as fast as 6 weeks.
The quickest and most effective way to whittle the waist is to work on the obliques. The obliques is the large muscle group that wraps around the torso and are pulled in the waistline. Make sure to do 2 sets of each routine. It is best to do these tourines for three consecutive days in a week.
- Stand with your feet width part.
- Hold the arms up in front of your chest in a boxing stance.
- Use your obliques to drive the movement. Twist the upper body to your right and then to the left.
- Always keep your hips and legs forward.
- As you rotate to the left, raise your left knee as well.
- Lower the left leg and twist right-left-right, raising your right knee on the third twist.
- Continue alternating the knee lifts until you reach 12 repetitions.
- Leg Lifts
- Begin this routine on all fours Make sure your knees are hip-width apart.
- Hold a 3-pound weight in your left hand.
- Raise the right leg and push it back until it is in line with your torso.
- At the same time, raise the left arms outwards to the side until it’s in line with your shoulders.
- Hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Return to your starting position. Make sure to cover all steps and do 20 reps.
- Switch sides and then repeat.
- Lie on your right side and prop yourself up on your right elbow. Make sure to keep the elbow directly beneath the shoulder.
- Place your left hand behind your head and then bend your knees. Bring your feet off the floor and roll back onto the right glute.
- Contract the left obliques and pull your knees and elbows toward each other and then bend at the waist.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then repeat.
- You must do at least 12 reps before switching to the other side and repeat.