Family Savings Scheme is a saving scheme designed to encourage families to save together and enjoy exclusive privileges (Interest rates and family rewards) while they continue to enjoy the confidentiality of their banking relation and manage their accounts as unique individuals.
As part of its commitment to reward participants in its ongoing ‘Family Fortune Promo,’ Access Bank Plc has rewarded 20 of its customers who were the first set to take part in the scheme.
They were rewarded with gifts which included rechargeable fans, microwave ovens among others.
A statement from the bank explained that the gifts to the 20 lucky families preceded the emergence of the first batch of winners from the weekly random selections that would soon be unveiled by the bank.
The promo which comes under the bank’s family savings scheme, it stated was instituted to promote savings culture in the country.
Also, Access Bank said the scheme was designed to reward the collective savings habit of families with grand prizes and competitive interest rates while they enjoy the confidentiality of their banking transactions as individuals
The Group Head, Inclusive Banking, Access Bank Plc, Ope Wemi-Jones expressed appreciation to customers for their loyalty and trust in the bank, adding that the Promo was initiated to add value to customers, who continued to do business with the Bank.
Continuing, she said, “We want to transform and impact the lives of our most valuable customers. Access Bank is not just encouraging customers to save, but we are also rewarding them for choosing to bank with us.”
“The nationwide savings promo, first of its kind in the industry with over 100,000 gifts to be given away, targets the family units with weekly, monthly and the mega random selections. Among prizes to be given away by the bank include home furniture, 42 inch televisions, mobile phones and home theatres for 100,000 families respectively.
“At the mega random selection which would hold in Lagos in December 2017, 3 families will go home as proud winners of a house each. There are also other luxurious prizes to be given away, including family holidays, 16 KVA generators, brand new cars, and 50 others to receive scholarships,” it added.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 What makes up a family under this Scheme?
- 0.2 What are some examples of family members that are eligible for the campaign?
- 0.3 Is there a special account opening package for this Scheme?
- 1 Access Family Fortune Promo
- 1.1 What is the Access Family Fortune Promo?
- 1.2 How can Families participate in the Family Savings Scheme and Family Fortune Promo?
- 1.3 Can a Family with less than four members participate in the promo?
- 1.4 Who can be a Family Sponsor?
- 1.5 Can the Family Sponsor sign for every Family Member?
- 1.6 Will other family members have access to each other’s account and balance?
- 1.7 Can family members in other locations outside where the family sponsor resides join the family savings scheme and participate in the promo?
- 1.8 Can an individual belong to multiple Family IDs?
- 2 The Access Family Fortune Promo Requirements
- 2.1 Which accounts qualify for the promo?
- 2.2 Is the minimum qualifying balance of N150,000 required on each Family Member account?
- 2.3 What are account opening requirements?
- 2.4 What are the different avenues for account opening?
- 2.5 What are the important things to include when filling out the Family Banking account opening forms?
- 2.6 Will an existing current account holder qualify for the promo?
- 2.7 Can an existing savings account holder participate in the Family Savings Scheme?
- 2.8 How can Family Members fund their accounts?
- 2.9 How do Families qualify for the random selection?
- 2.10 Is an individual with the minimum eligibility balance qualified for the promo?
- 2.11 What is Family Monthly Actual Balance Criteria (FMAB)?
- 2.12 What is the eligibility period of the promo?
- 3 The prizes and the random selections
- 3.1 Are there consolation prizes?
- 3.2 What are the gifts for the Family Fortune Promo?
- 3.3 How can one increase the chances of winning?
- 3.4 What are the modalities for the random selections?
- 3.5 When is the Mega random selection?
- 3.6 What is the frequency of the Random Selections?
- 3.7 Where Is the Location of the Houses that are up for grabs?
- 3.8 How Do Families claim their prizes?
- 3.9 Will Family need to travel to Lagos to claim their prizes?
What makes up a family under this Scheme?
A family is defined as a nuclear and extended consisting of a group of people related by blood or marriage and must be a minimum of 4 to be eligible for the promo.
What are some examples of family members that are eligible for the campaign?
Father, Mother, daughter, son, nephew, nieces, grandparents, in-laws, cousins’ aunts, uncles, parents, parent in-laws, brother and sister in – law etc.
Is there a special account opening package for this Scheme?
Yes, we have a family banking account opening form that captures the account opening details of the family sponsor, and up to 5 other family members as well as a one page form for existing accounts
Access Family Fortune Promo
What is the Access Family Fortune Promo?
The Family Fortune Promo is the nationwide savings promo targeted at the family unit with Weekly, Monthly and Mega random selection.
How can Families participate in the Family Savings Scheme and Family Fortune Promo?
By opening any of our savings account products and bringing on board at least 3 other family members to make a minimum family size of 4
Can a Family with less than four members participate in the promo?
They have to be a minimum of 4 family members to participate in the Family Saving Scheme and Family Fortune Promo
Who can be a Family Sponsor?
This is any member of a family that brings the other members of a family together for the purpose of the Family Savings Scheme and Family Fortune Promo.
Can the Family Sponsor sign for every Family Member?
Every Family Member 18 years and above must sign on their family banking account opening form.
Will other family members have access to each other’s account and balance?
All Family members will only know the cumulative balance and not their respective account balance or transaction.
Can family members in other locations outside where the family sponsor resides join the family savings scheme and participate in the promo?
Can an individual belong to multiple Family IDs?
Yes, with a maximum number of 2. However, the 2 accounts will come from different products of the bank.
The Access Family Fortune Promo Requirements
Which accounts qualify for the promo_ab6ebb92_
All savings accounts in the bank namely Premier Saving, Target Savings, Solo, Early Savers, Instant Savings Tier 1 and 2 and Evergreen
Is the minimum qualifying balance of N150,000 required on each Family Member account?
No, the minimum balance at the qualifying level of N150,000 is required as a cumulative balance across Family Members account. However, each account must maintain a minimum balance of N20,000 to qualify for the Family Fortune Promo
What are account opening requirements?
Basic account opening requirement. Namely: completed application form, ID, Passport Photograph, Utility bill and BVN.
What are the different avenues for account opening?
Accounts can be opened through any of the following media:
- In-branch with paper forms
- Email requisition for Account numbers
- On-line through the Access Bank website. accessbankplc.com
What are the important things to include when filling out the Family Banking account opening forms?
- Email addresses of all Family Members to be captured correctly
- All Family Members should have signed the account opening form
- Family Status chosen by the Family should be clearly indicated
- Referral code included where applicable
- Duly signed Terms and Conditions both for account opening and Family Fortune Promo
Will an existing current account holder qualify for the promo?
No, to qualify you must open any of the savings account products and invite at least 3 family members to open a saving account as well.
Can an existing savings account holder participate in the Family Savings Scheme?
Yes they can, however the family must have fresh and incremental deposits. Funds transferred within Access Bank would not be considered. The Family Banking Form for existing customers can be used for this purpose.
How can Family Members fund their accounts?
Accounts can be funded through cash deposits, cheque deposits and interbank transfers.
How do Families qualify for the random selection?
Families can qualify for the random selection by meeting the savings threshold below and duration criteria:
|Qualification Criteria / Random Selection Type||Weekly Selection||Monthly Selection||Mega Selection|
|Minimum days on board at the time of random selection||7 Days||30 Days||90 Days|
|Minimum Family Actual Account Balance for the period of random selection date||150,000||300,000||300,000|
*There would be 12 weekly and 3 Monthly random selection during the campaign period. Customer can only participate in the random selection conducted after the date of entry.
** Multiple tickets would be issued as and when the eligibility criteria is met, however only the tickets that meet the actual balance required at the time of issuance will be eligible on the date of the random selection.
Is an individual with the minimum eligibility balance qualified for the promo?
No, this is a family saving scheme and a minimum of 4 family members is required for the Family Saving Scheme and the Family Fortune promo.
What is Family Monthly Actual Balance Criteria (FMAB)?
Family Monthly Actual Balance (FMAB) is the minimum cumulative amount families retain as savings amongst all the linked accounts. This is calculated by adding up the total of monthly actual balances of all the linked accounts.
What is the eligibility period of the promo?
Eligibility period for participation is May to August 2017.
The prizes and the random selections
Are there consolation prizes?
No. However, there will be freebies during cluster and market engagements.
What are the gifts for the Family Fortune Promo?
Family houses, cars, family vacations, scholarships, shopping sprees, TV’s, furniture, generators and lots more.
How can one increase the chances of winning?
- Increase your average balance and qualify for up to 5 tickets for the Mega random selection
- Maintain N300,000 and above and qualify for Weekly, Monthly random selections beside qualifying for the Mega random selection
- Refer your friends, colleagues, Neighbors e t c. and get up to 10 additional tickets for the Mega random selection.
What are the modalities for the random selections?
The following modalities will apply:
- Weekly random selections will hold every Monday beginning from June 9th, 2017
- Monthly random selections will hold on the first day of every Month beginning July 1st, 2017
- Grand Finale/Mega random selection will hold three months after the campaign – December 1, 2017
- There will be over 100,000 prizes up for grabs.
When is the Mega random selection?
The mega random selection will come up in November 2017 to ensure the last entrant to the scheme on August 24th can participate in the random selection. i.e. maintain the minimum balance for 90 days.
What is the frequency of the Random Selections?
12 weekly random selections, 3 monthly random selections and 1 mega random selection.
Where Is the Location of the Houses that are up for grabs?
All the 3 “Houses” to be won as 1st Prize are located in Lagos.
How Do Families claim their prizes?
Prizes will be redeemed by the Family Sponsor or an authorized family member participating in the Family Banking Program, upon presentation of a valid identification document.
Will Family need to travel to Lagos to claim their prizes?
All prizes would be distributed through the branches where the Account relationship is domiciled.