Here are 3 ways to contact Instagram:
- Instagram’s phone number: 650-543-4800 (press 2) – automated support, no humans
- Instagram’s support email: email@example.com
- Via their Help center (read below how)
Please note that given the high volume of IG users, it is highly unlikely you will get a response back.
If you want to increase your odds of receiving a response back from 0% to 0.001% then continue reading.
How To Contact Instagram Support
To submit a support ticket on Instagram follow these steps:
- Go to help.instagram.com
- On the left-hand side, click Privacy and Safety Center
- Click Report Something
- Select the type of issue you’re experiencing
- Look for a link that says report it
- Fill out the form and hit send
You can also do this (although with less options) directly on the Instagram mobile app. The steps there are:
- Go to your Profile
- Hit Settings at the top right
- Scroll down to Support > Report a Problem
- Follow the instructions there
Why aren’t you receiving a response back from Instagram?
The answer is two fold: for starters, your issue is most likely not that high of a priority for Instagram.
Second, they have 1 billion users (as of June 2018) they probably get an absurd amount of support tickets which are too much to handle (even for a company the size of Facebook).
Instagram is known for their beautiful pictures, not their customer service unfortunately.
Where to find quick help for your Instagram problems
A good place to go is the Help Portal at help.instagram.com. You can type your question at the top and see if there’s an answer that satisfies you.
What types of problems can you report to Instagram?
Here’s a list of all the issues you can request support for:
- Hacked Accounts – Select this option if you believe that your account has been hacked.
- Impersonation Accounts – Select this option if you have evidence of an account impersonating you.
- Underage Children – Click this option if you think you’ve found an account belonging to someone under the age of 13.
- Hate Accounts – Click this option to report a hate-speech account.
- Exposed Private Information – Select this option if you encounter someone posting a user’s private information (e.g., home address).
- Self-Injury – Click this option to report posts in which another user is clearly harming themselves.
- Abuse & Spam – Click this option to report abuse, spam, or harassment.
- Exploitation – Select this option to view resources regarding reporting human trafficking.
- Other – If you don’t see your reason for wanting to contact Instagram, click this option.