The most and ever-popular social media networking site, Facebook, has recently announced that its platform is not just a platform for messaging and stories anymore, it is also known as the Facebook Marketplace App!
The launching of this marketplace app on Facebook is one feature that now gives millions of Facebook users the chance to buy, sell and engage in a business transaction with other users.
Facebook as it is known for its connectivity among users worldwide, on it you can get to interact with each other regardless of the location and time difference.
And one crucial way through which people also connect is the buying and selling of products from one another. Facebook has recently added the marketplace feature, which is one that has exploded on the platform.
This marketplace is a convenient and easy platform where you can buy and sell items around you and far away. Users who want to buy are allowed to preview items on sale in form of images and search for any item of their choice.
What Does the Facebook Marketplace App Do?
The newly launched Facebook Marketplace App is a digital marketplace where several different users from around and far away can come together to trade, buy and sell items.
After-all, the marketplace serves as a place where sellers showcase the items with images and prices just under it, and buyer preview these items and engage in discussion with the seller to negotiate the best price, but every other transaction is therefore continued outside the app.
This marketplace lets you to;
1. Look for items to buy.
2. Discover items on sale by location or class.
3. Create images and listings of items you have for sale.
4. Set custom prices and items for your products.
5. Send messages to buyer or sellers in order to proceed with transactions.
6. Have a view of the previous transaction that has taken place.
Note that the Facebook app does not and would not take any responsibility for managing the transactions for items, users and customers are the ones to work that out by themselves.
Who Can Use the Facebook Marketplace App?
Here are some of the criteria for using the Facebook Marketplace app
The Facebook Marketplace App is available to iPhone and Android users of about 18 years and above.
Anyone who has engaged in this before is definitely able to testify that this marketplace is free to sell, buy and trade products.
However, the marketplace for desktop and PCs is not yet available, but it is pinned on the ground to an uncertain time though.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace App
1. Browse the Marketplace
2. Open your Facebook on your phone.
3. At the top of the app, click on the Store icon.
4. Click on “Categories” at the top.
5. Select the type of item you want to view.
6. Browse the marketplace for the item you want.
7. Click on your preferred item to get more details.
8. Click on “ASK FOR DETAILS”.
9. If you are really interested in the product and want to purchase it, click on “Message”.
10. Click on “Save”.
Sell on the Marketplace
1. Open the Facebook app and click on the Store icon at the top of the page.
2. At the top left side, click on “Sell”.
3. Select a type or category for the product you want to sell.
4. Add the images of the items you have on sale.
5. Type a title for the item.
6. Enter the price of items.
7. Click on “NEXT”.
8. Make a choice of the groups you would like to advertise your marketplace to
9. Click on “POST”.