The health benefits of eating strawberries can not be undermined neither can it be understated.
Strawberries with their appetizing looks and outstanding taste has carved out a position on the list of favorite fruits of some people.
With its common scientific name as Fragaria, Strawberries have different suffixes for different varieties. Fragaria Vesca for wild strawberry, Fragaria Orientalis for Eastern strawberry, etc. They can be found growing in bushes and is one of the delicious seasonal fruits that helps in boosting your health.
Strawberry can be consumed fresh and can be used in food, including jam, jellies, syrups, baked goods, tarts, etc. It is also used to make medicines.
Strawberries have various nutritional values which includes antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins and minerals which include vitamin c, manganese, potassium, magnesium, etc, which contribute to the general health and wellbeing of a person.
Outlined below are the health benefits of eating strawberry:
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Eating Strawberries Aid In The Care Of The Eye And Improves Eyesight:
- 2 2. Eating Strawberries Boosts The Immune System:
- 3 3. Eating Strawberry Eliminates Athritis And Gouts:
- 4 4. Eating Strawberry Aids In Brain Function:
- 5 5. Eating Strawberry Lowers High Blood Pressure:
- 6 6. Eating Strawberry Prevents Heart Diseases:
- 7 7. Eating Strawberry Promotes Weight Loss:
- 8 8. Eating Strawberry Helps In The Prevention of Birth Defects:
- 9 9. Eating Strawberry Helps In Reducing Inflammation:
1. Eating Strawberries Aid In The Care Of The Eye And Improves Eyesight:
Flavonoids, elagic acid, phenolic phytochemicals are antioxidants which are present in strawberry. These antioxidants help in getting rid of extremely dry eyes, decline of the optical nerves, vision defects, macular degeneration and heightened susceptibility to infections. Strawberries also contain potassium which help in maintaining the correct pressure in the eye, thereby eliminating ocular pressure.
2. Eating Strawberries Boosts The Immune System:
Strawberry contains vitamin C which is an immune booster, helps in the cure of common cold and cough and stimulates the activity of white blood cells. Vitamin C as an antioxidant neutralizes free radicals that are responsible for the mutation of healthy DNA cells into sick and cancerous cells which in turn causes diseases like cancer.
3. Eating Strawberry Eliminates Athritis And Gouts:
With its remarkable content of antioxidant and detoxifiers, strawberries help in the elimination of toxic substances and acids, degeneration of muscles and tissues and stops the drying up of fluids which help increase the mobility of the joints.
4. Eating Strawberry Aids In Brain Function:
Vitamin C and other phytochemicals present in strawberry helps to nullify and subdue the adverse effects of the oxidants that bring about a degeneration of brain tissues and weaker nerves. It revitalizes the system. Iodine, also present in strawberries help in the regulation and proper functioning of the brain and nervous system. Another mineral found in strawberry which helps in improving cognitive function by increasing the flow of blood to the brain is potassium.
5. Eating Strawberry Lowers High Blood Pressure:
Potassium and Magnesium are minerals that are present in strawberries. They are capable of negating the effect of sodium thereby lowering high blood pressure by reducing hypertension and eases the flow of blood to various parts of the body.
6. Eating Strawberry Prevents Heart Diseases:
High levels of antioxidant and phytochemicals, high fiber content, folate, vitamin B and no fats present in strawberry form an ideal cardiac health pack by effectively reducing cholestrol in the arteries and vessels, strengthens the cardiac muscles and leads to proper functioning of the heart.
7. Eating Strawberry Promotes Weight Loss:
The presence of nutrients that help stimulate metabolism and reduce appetite in strawberry aid in the loss of weight.
8. Eating Strawberry Helps In The Prevention of Birth Defects:
Strawberry is rich in folic acid which is a necessary nutrient during pregnancy that helps prevent birth defects.
9. Eating Strawberry Helps In Reducing Inflammation:
Strawberries have antioxidant properties that help in reducing inflammation.
Read Also: Top tips for Healthy Living
Do you have any suggestions, questions or comments? Please drop them in the comment box.