The health benefits of watermelon is vast and unlimited. Despite the general notion and belief that watermelon is just made up of water and sugar, it is, in actual sense, a nutrition filled food. It contains vitamins, minerals antioxidant which helps in lowering calories.
Alongside honeydew and cantaloupe, watermelon, with its scientific name as Citrullus lantus var. lanatus, belongs to the flowering plant family Cucurbitaceae. The common types of watermelon are seedless, picnic, icebox and yellow/orange fleshed.
Table of Contents
- 1 HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING WATERMELON
- 1.0.1 1. Eating Watermelon Helps In The Prevention Of Asthma:
- 1.0.2 2. Eating Watermelon Lowers Blood Pressure:
- 1.0.3 3. Eating Watermelon Reduces The Risk Of Cancer:
- 1.0.4 4. Eating Watermelon Helps Speed Up Digestion:
- 1.0.5 5. Eating Watermelon Helps In The Prevention Of Dehydration:
- 1.0.6 6. Eating Watermelon Reduces Soreness In The Muscles:
- 1.0.7 7. Eating Watermelon Reduces Inflammation:
- 1.0.8 8. Eating Watermelon Helps In Giving You A Healthy Skin And Hair:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING WATERMELON
For those of us who have been eating this remarkable fruit, you may not have known the good you are doing to yourself, and to those of you who have been shying away from eating watermelon, continue reading to discover what you have been missing:
1. Eating Watermelon Helps In The Prevention Of Asthma:
One of the nutrients found in fruits like watermelon and vegetables is vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in reducing the risk of your developing asthma.
2. Eating Watermelon Lowers Blood Pressure:
The extract from watermelon lowers ankle blood pressure, brachial blood pressure and carotid wave reflection in middle-aged adults who are suffering from Prehypertension or Stage 1 hypertension and are obesed. The extract also improves arterial function.
3. Eating Watermelon Reduces The Risk Of Cancer:
The presence of vitamin C and other antioxidants help in fighting against the formation of radicals that are known to cause cancer.
4. Eating Watermelon Helps Speed Up Digestion:
Because of its high water and fiber content, watermelon helps in preventing constipation and promotes a healthy digestive tract.
5. Eating Watermelon Helps In The Prevention Of Dehydration:
Watermelon is made up of 92% water and electrolytes which makes it a great snack to have during hot weathers to ward of dehydration and keep you constantly hydrated.
6. Eating Watermelon Reduces Soreness In The Muscles:
The presence of amino acid L-citrulline in watermelon reduces soreness in the muscles.
7. Eating Watermelon Reduces Inflammation:
The presence of Choline in watermelon helps in reducing chronic inflammation, maintaining cellular membrane structure, aids in nerve impulses transmission, aids our body in sleep, helps in movement of the muscle, assists in absorption of fat, helps in learning and keeping the memory sharp.
8. Eating Watermelon Helps In Giving You A Healthy Skin And Hair:
The presence of vitamin A in watermelon keeps your hair moisturized. Vitamin A is essential for the growth of all the tissues in the body including that of the hair and skin. Another vitamin present in watermelon is vitamin C which helps in building up and maintaining collagen which is responsible for providing structure to the skin and hair. The water and electrolytes present in watermelon keeps you hydrated which is necessary for healthy looking hair and skin.
Do not forget to drop your comments, questions and suggestions in the comment box and do not forget to hit on the share buttons for your friends to also learn about the wonderful health benefits of eating watermelon.