Table of Contents
Top 10 tips for healthy living
Have you had struggles living healthy? Here are a few steps that you can take towards living a healthy and great life. This might be things you’ve come across a thousand and one times but you’ll be shocked that these seemingly small changes can make a huge difference as to how you feel.
Top 10 ways to living a healthy life/ Ways to improve your Health
Below are the 10 biggest changes you can make to living a happier, longer and healthier life
- Do well to quit smoking
- Ensure that you’re physically active everyday
- Choose to eat healthy food
- Limit alcohol your level of alcohol intake
- Get enough sleep.
- Pay attention to your body
- Keep a healthy mind (staying positive about your health)
- Avoid drugs
- Keep fats to a minimum
- Take food rich in calcium and iron
Take food rich in calcium and iron
Why calcium and iron?
Iron – is known to carry oxygen around ones body and is of high importance to women, girls, vegetarians and athletes. Iron is also known to reduce the risk of anemia
Calcium – Calcium works to ensure strong and healthy bone is children and young adults.
Variety of Nutritious food
Below are a general range of nutritious food for health alongside a few things to avoid:
- Avoid high level of salts in food. Be sure to use salt sparingly
- Drink alot of water
- Don’t miss breakfast
- More fruits
- Reduce fat and other products
- Take lots of breads and cereals (particularly wholegrain), fruit, vegetables and legumes (such as chickpeas, lentils and red kidney beans)
A thing about Physical activity and Healthy living
A great balance between exercise and food is of upmost importance. This goes a long way to maintaining muscle strength and supports healthy body weight. 30 minutes of moderate physical activity, such as walking, is recommended every day.
Your tip for a healthy breakfast
Some easy-to-prepare, healthy breakfast ideas include:
- fresh fruit with wholegrain breakfast cereal and reduced fat milk. Toast with a thin spread of margarine (polyunsaturated or monounsaturated)
- toast with cheese and tomato. Hot or cold reduced fat milk
- rolled oats made with quick oats. Add sultanas and reduced fat milk. Toast with a thin spread of margarine (polyunsaturated or monounsaturated). Orange juice
- baked beans on toast. Orange juice
- fruit or plain yoghurt with fruit. (Better health channel)