WhatsApp is at the moment seeking an exceptional individual to lead the WhatsApp efforts in India including products for people and businesses along with WhatsApp interest in peer to peer payments. This recruitment is a senior leadership position that will require product experience as well as a track record of success leading partnerships and business development in India. This potential WhatsApp leader will need to build a close partnership with product and engineering teams to influence direction and to effectively represent WhatsApp’s long term business strategy.
Applicants should be equally comfortable working with product and engineering leaders as they are building relationships and negotiating with potential business partners. Applicant should also expect to handle the day-to-day operations to support their team’s efforts with key partners in market, develop and execute on strategic partner initiatives and build relationships with other key constituents in market and within Facebook.
This job offer is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp partnerships team in Mumbai and will report to WhatsApp’s Chief Operating Officer in California.
- Deeply understand and regularly influence product direction and specific product decisions
- Represent WhatsApp’s product strategy in country and drive alignment with partners and stakeholders
- Lead partnership efforts in market, acting as a cross functional leader across WhatsApp and Facebook teams.
- Build relationships with key partner, and other constituents at senior levels
- Represent WhatsApp generally in country as needed
- Heavy user of WhatsApps products
- 15+ years of experience in Product driven companies 5+ years of experience with payment technologies in India
- Proven ability to build relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and business leaders
- Proven track record of initiating and successfully driving new business opportunities at a global scale
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Business development experience negotiating complex deals a plus
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues
- B.S. or M.S in Engineering/Sciences/Business
Click here to apply and click on the share button to recommend to friends who you think may meet these qualifications.